I am seven weeks into my training for IM 70.3 AZ. I haven’t swam in a few weeks and my running is incredibly weak. However, my cycling is on point and I feel more confident on my bike than I ever have. I have been going through a roller coaster of emotions during my training. While I am satisfied at the end of whatever training session I get through, I still get a weird feeling about racing.
I haven’t quite figured it out.
And, whatever the heck it is that’s eating me away, with 13 weeks to IM 70.3 AZ, I am faced with the ultimate decision: To race, or not to race?
I have plenty of time to send in my email asking for a partial race refund for 70.3 AZ. The refund doesn’t even cover 50% of what I originally paid for, but I would prefer that than having a DNS attached to my name. I have too much pride of that, if I’m being honest. *shrug*
But then… I still want to race a 70.3. It was my goal for my 30th year.
So, if I pull out of IM 70.3 AZ, what are my options? There is only one.
Enter Ironman 70.3 Indian Wells La Quinta. Taking place back in my home state of California, and timed so nicely in early December, it seems like a viable option.
I’m going to continue to alternate between the two training plans that I mentioned in the last post, all while trying to make up my mind on which race I want to commit to. I ultimately need to make my decision by mid-August… Only because that would be the midway point of my 20 weeks to IM 70.3 AZ.
I think I need to take a step back and re-evaluate the people and things in my life… It’s time to filter out the unnecessary and get my head back in the game….